Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remember, remember the... end of September

Hello All!

As usual, my week has been busy, but not too busy to keep you all updated. Like last time, I'll address some housekeeping stuff up front, and then we'll get to the good stuff. I heard that you all were unable to comment on the blog itself. Worry not, I fixed the problem. For inquiring minds, blogger automatically defaults to only allowing registered blogger users to comment, but I opened it up to the public (i.e., you) so that you all can just read and respond. Okay? Okay.


Alright, lets start with classes. After the first few weeks I am settling right back into my student routine, with some improvements with time management and organization (insert pat on back here.) Animation II has proven itself to be the hardest of my classes right now, because it is animation bootcamp right now. Leeper (the professor and also just plain cool) said that he knows its tedious work, so he is going to try to inject some fun back into the class. His plan? Create a replacement animation of frogs leaping, in honor of World Animation Day. (October 28th, mark your calendars!) The look we're going for is similar to what Tom Gasek (a well known stop-motion animator) was able to achieve in this Sony Bravia ad with the jumping bunnies. Our animation will probably be a lot simpler but still very fun. I'll keep you posted on the frog plague :)



My favorite class right now is Storyboard and Concept. I feel that I have a knack for planning stories and making words into images, so I am well suited for this class. You can see my comic journal here: darahcj.blogspot.com. It is updated every Monday. I really like the pre-production process and like planning things out and playing with ideas. I also like the concept art that goes in to animation. If I was to end up doing pre-production stuff for my career, I think I would be very happy.

That's all for now!


No comments: